Saturday 9 April 2016

And so it begins

Hello again guys. So finally I've got around to beginning a project that I have been planning for some time but have never got round to as of yet. But that's not where the story starts...

It was a dark and stormy night down on the southern most tip of deepest, darkest Africa. Little Joshua lay wide awake in his bed, eyes wide, terrified of the lightning. So, to calm his fears, he got up, had a bath (very intelligent because of the lightning?) and went down stairs to make himself, a cup of tea. Now it just so happens that while little Joshua was fetching some milk for said tea, he allegedly opened up his computer, promptly got distracted and forgot all about his tea, which got cold...
But anyway, little Joshua is browsing the internet, when suddenly, like a thunderbolt, his skype begins to ring. Who could it be, thinks little Joshua. And lo and behold, it is none other than the Lord of all the beasts on the Earth and the fishes in the Sea, his mighty highness, our lord and savior, Mister Llama... Fast forward four hours, and the pair call it quits and go to sleep, but not before little Joshua has conquered the unconquerable. He has done it. He is satisfied with his life. He has painted another miniature.

Little Joshua, I salute you...

But anyway, and with a little help from said Llama regarding the colour scheme, I have finally got over myself and painted a Swede. Not a WW2 German-Swede, but a full fletched, yellow and blue 17th century swede. Or 16th century...

But anyway, I was really pleased. These Shotte have really been getting me down. I have really struggled with them up until this point. But now that one is done, the rest shall hopefully follow.


But other than painting Swedes, I also managed to finish up a few Perry Miniatures. Slightly earlier period, but for my purpose (seeing that the Swede above is destined for fantasy) they will make fine opponents for the men in blue and yellow.





2 comments:

  1. I contributed! Yay for me!
    (being slightly narcissistic)

    ReplyDelete