Monday 23 May 2016

Converting an Oldhammer Beastman Part 1

So today, for no particular reason, I decided to convert a beastman. The basis for this conversion is a wargames factory Minoan minotaur. I lopped his head off and his right arm.

Below you can see the body, his shield, new arm, old arm, two new heads and his old head.


After a while of scratching around in my bitz box I came up with some heads that I thought were suitable.


I began by gluing the new arm on -- this is an old chaos marauder horsemans arm. Then onto the base he goes. Now, he needed a neck. A big thick short neck for a big head or a thin long neck for a smaller one.


Turns out I ended up using a big head -- an old chaos ogres head in fact.


Ridiculously oversized -- but hey, this is oldhammer, or more specifically, realm of chaos -- so that doesn't matter, right? hehe


Next up I furred his neck to blend in with his back. The two Swedish commanded shotte are just chilling there supporting his head so it doesn't flop down to the side.



Here I added a little green sausage to his arm to blend where the new arm meets the body.


And that too got some fur.


Now I just need to paint his shield while I weight for the gs to harden.



To conclude, I have some more of these bastards on the line, so perhaps there will be some more old-middlehammer on this blog... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment