Monday 1 February 2016

Arisen Battle Report

So, I have called this game system that I am working on Arisen.
And here is my first batrep done with my now updated rules. For this battle I pretty much used all the starwars ships I had. Hmm, perhaps I could get some alternate ships made by someone. But anyway, that's all in the future.
So, my valiant opponent had a Merchant Guild Hunter Frigate (left). A Merchant Guild Bi-Wing (middle) and a Merchant Guild Balurian Gunboat (right).



My forces comprised of a Sect Bi-Blade Advance (left) and a Sect Freighter-Cruiser with two Bi-Blades docked (right).


I started off by moving my Advanced into the relative cover of an asteroid while my Freighter-Cruiser was able to launch one of its docked Bi-Blades.


My opponent moved forward with everything, the Hunter Frigate and the Bi-Wing making a bee line towards my Freighter-Cruiser. The Hunter Frigate casually blasted the disembarked Bi-Blade almost all the way to Timbuktu (yes, you guessed it, I am busy studying the Songhai Empire in History...).


The Hunter Frigate and the Bi-Wing split up while the Balurian Gunboat makes its first appearance on camera.


In a bout of absolute madness, the pilot of my Advanced decided to go kamikaze and ram the Hunter Frigate.


This resulted in the destruction of the Advanced and the loss of the Hunter Frigates shields. Then after violently exploding, the Advanced managed to take the Frigate down two more health. Even in death...


So, here I forgot to take a pic or two but pretty much, the disembarked Bi-Blade was disemboweled by the Frigate while the Bi-Wing turned about, ready to face the Freighter-Cruiser.


However, inspired by the Advanced's selfless act of insanity, the Sect Cruiser decided to ram the Balurian Gunboat. This really didn't work out for the poor Merchant Guild Gunboat who promptly lost all its shields and lost three HP while the Cruisers shields didn't even flicker.


In a desperate effort to take down the Sect Cruiser, the Hunter Frigate and the Bi-Wing sprayed down the hulking vessel with Pulse fire. Luckily they managed to take out the Cruisers backwards shields however victory was not long lived as the Cruiser fired off sixteen shots back into the Frigate, who, being on only one health, popped violently.


After a round more of shooting, the Cruiser still hadn't got its shields back up and was now down to only 8 HP left. Still, its sheer weight of firepower blew the Bi-Wing. It was up to the Balurian Gunboat now to save the day for the Merchant-Guild.


Finally, the second Bi-Blade disembarked but it wasn't able to turn yet. In the distance you can see the Balurian Gunboat creeping up on the unshielded rear of the Cruiser.


Only three more HP till it blows!


Chug chug chug (the Balurian Gunboat only has a max move of 4"). In a desperate attempt to seize the day the Cruiser fires off another round at the Gunboat, popping its newly repaired shields.


But fate was not favouring the Sect as finally the Freighter-Cruiser fell. Booom!



So, what do we have left. A poor litte Bi-Blade and a Gunboat without shields.


Managing to turn, the Bi-Blade survives a round of shooting from the Gunboat and then initiates a fly-by on the opposing craft. Hammering off another two HP.


And, just out of sheer luck, I manage to turn while the Gunboat doesn't. I score target lock and...


"Get out of my Space you damned Merchant Guild!"


Still, I must say that the Balurian Gunboat must have been Ship of the Match. Its a tank.


The game was fun! There were a few tense moments when an opportune shield up would have changed the course of battle. Firstly if my Cruiser had got its shield up, then the game would have been over much sooner as nothing my opponent had at the time had enough fire power to get through the shield. That's a small point that I might just have to change. Similarly, if the Gunboat had got its shields up, there would be nothing that the Bi-Blade could have done really. Still. GG :D


And to top it all off, here is a 40k mini that is now being used for Oldhammer!
 Woohoo! Cultist time! He doesn't have any gun so what the hell! Why not? He is quite big but... swollen with the power of Chaos and all...


Cheerio then, and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment