Thursday 31 December 2015

Last day of the year!

Well, it being the last day of 2015 and all... yeah well I don't have any comments on that. I don't know why I opened up with that line.

Embarrassment aside. It has been bloody hot down here in SA. It was 40 odd degrees in Cape Town yesterday and it was 30+ today. My worst nightmare. I wish it was cold here. Why won't it for just once snow! Hehe, not gonna happen any time soon...


Anyway. I always like to introduce new miniatures that I paint into my little gaming world by, well, playing them in.

Now, before we start, you must know a few things about what happened after the last battle. Hepplethwaite was fine, absolutely no injuries. Erik was pretty damaged, losing one T. Veladaunt is dead. Dead. Frank the Road Warden was fine as well. Pestulent Retch took damage to his leg: -1 M.

Now, once returning back to camp, Erik immediately challenged Hepplethwaite for the leadership of the war band. And, despite being 6 levels higher than they ogre, Erik was still beaten down. Enraged by his own failure, he left the warband and went off on his own. Soon after he met up with Pestulent Retch who was planning an ambush on a bunch of Sigmarite priests. He needed some extra muscle and Erik was desperate for some glory of his own, so he joined them.

Said priests were named Zelan, a high ranking Bishop, and John, a lowly, fanatical, witch hunting, monkish sort. Travelling with them was Adam, the Recruiter. It was his job to garner new recruits for the Province's army. They were heading now towards Kalitzdorf, along with Frank, the Road Warden, who was there to provide security
.
They were Pestulent's target, and, as they neared the village, the trap was sprung!


Erik prepares to charge.


Pestulent readies his ratmen. To the left one can see the Nurglesque Warband's chief spy and informer, the Mouseling. He doesn't plan on fighting much, just sitting back and watching.


Meanwhile, in the shadows, Bruu, follower of Tzeentch lurks and watches.


The trap is sprung! Pestulent engages Adam while his followers assault John. Wanting revenge for the injuries dealt to him by Frank in the previous battle, Erik spurs towards the Road Warden.


 Pestulent easily dispatches the Recruiter, while the Road Warden lands a blow on Erik.


Pestulent goes straight after the fleeing Zenal, while his followers swarm over John. Erik and Frank continue to trade blows.


Suddenly, Bruu explodes from the bushes.


Pestulent has nearly reached the Sigmarite Bishop when...


Boom! Zzzzapp! Pink Fire of Tzeentch hits him full on. It was very amusing! Pink fire deals D6 Strength 4+D6 hits with no saves. I rolled six the first time and six the second time so it was 6 S10 hits with no saves. Yes, the hated follower of Nurgle was fried.


With one last mighty swing, Frank felled Erik (again!), hitting him in the exact same spot as last time! This was the end of the skirmish as the skaven lost all will to fight when two champions died right in front of them in quick succession. They promptly fled.


So, Zenal arrived in Kalitzdorf, and here he is, surveying the garrison. They would all celebrate the new year together tonight at the tavern!


Yet, late that night, Zenal slipped away and ran to the forest. There he was met by a huge bestial figure and the two went frolicking into the night... Is there more to the Bishop than there seems?


Anyway, sadly, on the casualty recovery table, Erik got another light body wound, maiming his Toughness down to 3! Oh so squishy! I love RoC!

Speaking of which, here are all the Oldhammerish? miniatures that I have painted since beginning this mad adventure a month or two ago? They are all metal which is amazing since until now I have religiously stuck to plastic, for its cheapness and convertibility. Hehe, I was practically raised on plastics!


Anywho? I am happy with what I have done so far and am really enjoying my Pseudo-RoC games. I generally find that if I'm stuck with anything I just make it up, but then again, I always have!

I have not shown any pictures of my lotr minis here, because I plan on repainting most of the elves. Still, in total I'd estimate that I've painted around 110-120? miniatures since I started blogging earlier on this year. I have found that blogging has helped me insanely with motivation.

So, happy new year everyone! May your 2016 be productive and enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment