Friday 13 November 2015

Oldhammer-ish. Middlehammer...

So, this below will turn into a Slanneshi warband. Fun fun fun! Anywho? I am also planning an empire warband to beat up the slanneshi oaks.
 
Now, why did I buy a bunch of middlehammer instead of oldhammer if I want to play oldhammer, I hear you cry. Well, the answer is "meh" or in other words "I couldn't be bothered with all the ebay stuff".... That is why this happens to one. In fact I was ambushed! By low prices. Still...  Sadly I am older than most of these sets but there is one that is older than me which I am very happy about.
 
A bunch of marauding horsemen, a chaos lord,  three chaos ogres (at first I thought they were minotaurs, but, they are not so what). Also there is a Pestigor, two ungor commander dudes, and some strange ugly beastman character who I am sure has a name sounding somewhat like "Deathskull, Skullsmaster of Skullkeep, First Skull of the knightly order of Skull, GrimDark GrimDark, death death death and destruction, grimdark, skulls skulls, skulz" or something of that ilk.
 

And on that cheerful note may I present to you all the two happy little slanneshi lads which are reinforcements to the random other one in my last post. The one on the right is two years older than me! Yay! Happiness. He has my respect because #Respectyourelders/somethingorother>?/thisisn'tahashtag. What a hash up.




And here is my mutated elephant-steed which my chaos lord is mounted on. Mutated horse? Oh no. I am sure this is an elephant! I mean, it can't be horse. Demonic steed perhaps. Damn right! Mutated demonic elephant steed!


Guys I am not joking, this thing is huuuuge! If you were forced to swallow it you would just die. I'd rather scalp myself with a butterknife*!


Now, some of you might be thinking I have given up on lotr? Well I haven't! I promise. I just need a break. A short brake hopefully. However, I am a hobby butterfly that flits around from one game and project to another. I will flit back in no time. Therefore I proclaim the Snaga project 98% complete and finished with only four more shields to be painted. I still have the Escape from Goblin Town untouched and I shall touch it soon!

To put it in a nutshell, this hobby is often more "real-life" than real life is, so I need a hobby on the side like collecting miniatures that are almost as old as me and sometimes, a little older!

There, I have said it. Farewell!

*This is not true. I want neither to happen!

4 comments:

  1. That is some mighty good prices! I must confess I bought a lot of Necron stuff, just because I like the look of the models, I just like fiddling around with the bits and looking at them. It is relaxing. A bit weird, but hey...

    Changing it up is nearly always something good, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. And it doesn't happen every day. So (hardly) any harm done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well... you know what they say, it starts with a bubble-gum and ends with GTA. Small steps, the devil is in the details an so on ;) Just look at me, I have hidden the fact that I now own a WHFB Black Dragon, a huge griffin for Empire, an Empire Weird-Wagon (luminarch?) and a whole lot of other stuff... I blame the LotR-range's lack of releases. A hobbyist needs his fix!

      Delete
    2. Yes, the line between damnation and WHFB is a slim one, but I agree, due to the lack of GeeDubb interest in lotr I sometimes slip. :()

      Delete