Tuesday 3 November 2015

Deviations, Altercations, Abominations, Abbreviations and Incineration!

Sit ye selves down my friends. Grab an ice cold cider (or preferred beverage) and crack it open. Relax. Make sure your seatbelt is firmly fastened because you are in for one hell of a ride! A long, random altercating, much relevance, many relevance, no relevance and PROGRESS REPORT: ABYSSMAL kind of ride.
 
So, first of all the heading pretty much sums up this whole blog. Literally. Except the incineration part. I put that in because my cousin (who is gifted intellectually) sprayed deodorant all over his hand and then lit it. As I said he is a genius. ;D hint hint. Anywho? I did not condone it nor did I approve. I had no problem with him lighting himself on fire (a habit that I hope to promote in the hope that one day I will get lucky)*, its just that I was worried that something else might catch on fire and inconvenience me.
 
Anywhen, my hobby has been at an abysmal low!?!
 
So what do I do?
 
The answer is Oldhammer!?
 
This is not real oldhammer but it is quite old and so is no longer available from GeeDubb. Therefore it is both old and warhammer and so is therefore oldhammer. I wish it was oldhammer. You know? The 1600's kind of stuff made by the ancient and venerable company Geelius DubbBubelyew. But I am calling it oldhammer and so it is. Excuse made!
What this has to do with my mainly lotr focused blog I in all earnestness have no idea.
 
These are all humies. Not all are GW but hey, they have been in my collection long enough to have been corrupted by the taint...**

And here are some beasty-men and an ogre (unassembled).


Next up on tonight's roll call is an interesting one. I am shocked with myself. Shocked! For many a month I had been mourning the death of the warhammer world. So here I go and rebase a skaven warband with round (round!) bases. For Age of Sugar/Cigar. This was only because I wanted to sell it to acquire cash-dollar for a secret purpose which shall not be revealed yet... Mwahahaha!

Anywho's? I painted these chaps a while ago (a couple of years). I think my painting skills have decreased since then. I don't know. They are not brilliant but they are better than the usual stuff I churn out.

Apologies for the fuzzy images, I have not yet properly worked out how to use my stolen camera (it was my sisters, but now its mine, mine, mine until she finds out). :(  If you know her, don't tell her! ***





And here is a new Lamedonian? noble infantryman.


And this ravaging pic is of a WIP orcy who I am practicing sculpting on. Looks like horse manure**** but anyways. :(


This is a picture of my left hand. I am really rather attached to it.....hur hur hur (moronic laugh).
Not sure about the miniature but the hand looks fantastic.

And in the background you can just make out through the blur, a limited edition vision of my bathroom! Enjoy. :)


Here is a friend of mine's cat that I came across? His name is Leonidas. Very majestic. His owner showers with him and he seems to like it. Strange. Maybe he is a tiger? They like water, no?


Aaaaaand some steaks. Not the delicious kind but the kind that gores your horse if you ride into it at speed. For my orcs maybe?


And here is a statuette of Caleborn which I am going to use as an elf statue somewhere in the unforeseeable future.


And an Aragorn chess piece?? Statue for Gondor? Ok.


Just to show scale...


More randomness! A WHFB high elf mage that I painted a while ago and which I really like! He turned out relatively well.


You saw it earlier on the blog and here it is again. My bedroom in delicious chaos. Or rather my table. My bed is yet unaffected.


I found this in my room. Don't ask.


And  last picture, my sprue bin where all the best bits come from.


Now, I would write more but I am uber tired. Yes, uber tired! So here I must leave you all. This post was created because I was feeling bad about not doing much hobby. I am mainly writing. Please comment if anything above is mildly interesting/disturbing enough to merit the time and energy. Comments make me feel better and therefore make me hobby more. :D otherwise I just read and read and read.

Goodbye,

THE END

* This is not true. I actually quite like my cousin and do not want to see him incinerated. Most of the time...

** I am not implying that GeeDubb is tainted. Oh no! I never imply anything.

*** I am not implying anyone reading this post knows my sister. In fact I would be surprised, mystified and slightly disturbed if you did. I am not implying, however, in any way that you are either surprising, mystifying or slightly disturbing or all three.

**** This stands for something else. I have resolved not to swear on this blog because I am an angel. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment