Monday 21 September 2015

Progress Report: ABYSMAL

If that is how you spell that word. Think its the spelling.

Anyway. Abysmal. Like in the abyss. Not getting much done however I have set myself the goal of finishing these here goblins today! So hopefully they will be done done done soon. It will be a relief.



Goblins in the process of being painted.


And finally the beginning of my army of Dol Amroth or DA as I shall now refer to them as. Funny that. There is a political party in SA called DA. And one of their main colours is blue I think. Made me smile.

Anyway. Moving on. I have found myself considering starting a Haradrim army with a Mumak or two and heaps of Persian infantry from Wargames Factory as cheap levies from the desert. Perhaps after Christmas. Perhaps.

SARUMAN, YOUR STAFF IS BROKEN! AND JOSHUA, SO IS YOUR BUDGET!

Sad but slightly true. Not truly broken but rather uninclined to buy much more for the next month or two. This leaves me with a problem. Part of my delight in the hobby is buying new things. I find it exciting watching my plans come into reality.

I still have heaps of unpainted miniatures which I am doggedly working on. Sadly a lot of these are not lotr miniatures which is my current focus. So I have decided to pull out my aged GS (green stuff) and do some sculpting. What am I going to be sculpting? An ent. Tree. Thingy. Hopefully.

I have a plan for it and kind of know how it is going to come into fruition. A while back when I was into KoW I sculpted some gnomes (which where terrible) and some earth elementals (which weren't too terrible). So the ent will follow the same principles of the earth elemental, except more woody. If the worst comes to the worst I can always use it as a forest shambler for my forces of nature army for KoW.

Sigh.

Anyway, I apologize for the essay, however it makes me feel better about life if I write a ton. It makes up for having hardly any pictures.

Back to goblin painting now...

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment