Saturday 26 September 2015

Going Far Far Away

I shall soon be departing on a long adventurous journey.

It is actually not going to be so long it just sounds dramatic saying so. :) I will bring my pc with and a bunch of unpainted models ( because I cant be separated from the hobby for long periods of time ( I find myself pining after a few days or so) ).

So if I post anything you will know I have internet and if not then well, I'm either too busy or there is noooooo internet. :(

Now that all is off my chest I can get on with REAL LIFE.

Which is: that I have tried out lotr SBG. Or rather a mix of the SBG rules and the new Hobbit rules. And I did it all with square bases: like a cool cat ;).

I'm thinking of trying out WoTR next. I've had the rule book lying around for a few years yet I have never got around to doing it.

Now, the next big thing on my mind is a smallish side project. Another one. No worries.

This project covers me making a couple of SBG armies but NOT out of the worth-their-weight-in-gold-so-expensive-cash-dollar-*has-fit-and-dies,  GW miniatures. Oh no!

These are going to be Carthaginians!




 Can't you just picture these guys as Gondorians? All black, silver and white?


And next up we have the Easterlings and a few barbaric tribesmen from wherever.



 Yes, it is a deviation from the beaten track I call life and yes I prefer GW miniatures for lotr however bases are the bane of my existence so I almost need two of every army. One with square bases and one with round bases.

I am just pathetically glad I had these models hanging around doing nothing in particular. A poor substitute yet a substitute all the same!

I am still working on my other multiple projects however and am slowly building up. I fixed a GW Gondorian swordsman's feet today which brings my grand total up to 45 Gondorians - fiefdom troops. Getting there. Slooowly.

Anywho? That is all for the moment.

Fair well and happy lives to everyone!



3 comments:

  1. I wish you well, and hope that Thranduil reach you well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Llama. I have asked my grandfather to keep an eye out for it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear, one can always trust one's g-pa!

      Delete